We have four study rooms available for use by our library card holders ages 16 and older.
- You may use a study room for a maximum of 3 hours a day, whether alone or in a group. Our study rooms are in high demand! Starting 11/1/15, rooms may be reserved for 30-minute increments only, up to 3 hours. That is, all reservations must start on the hour or half-hour.
- Fire code restricts how many people may occupy each room: A- 2 people / B- 4 people / C- 6 people / D- 4 people
- At least one of the people in the room must be 16 or older and own a valid Allen Library card. We will check out a key to this person using his or her card number. This person must remain in the room for the duration of the reservation.
- You may use a study room to study, read, tutor, or do other activities that will not disturb other patrons or staff (the walls are not soundproof).
- Study room activities may not be advertised on library flyers or social media.
- Make reservations up to 2 days in advance in person or by calling the Reference desk at 214.509.4905.
- We only hold a room for 15 minutes. After that we will cancel the reservation and make the room available to other people.
- No food is allowed, but you may have water bottles/beverages with lids.
- At the end of your study period please: clean the whiteboard; discard your trash; lock the study room door.
- Please leave the study room and return the key promptly at the end of your reservation time and 30 minutes before the library closes.
- If you leave something in a study room, we will take it to the Check Out Desk, where it will be kept in our Lost & Found.
- If you violate this policy, you may be asked to leave the study room or be suspended permanently from study room use, depending on staff discretion.
For reservations or questions, please call 214-509-4905.